Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 16, 2010



I remember my day took me to Vietnam the summer of 1998. We toured and had a great time but there was one outing that has stuck in my mind ever since. Dad said we had to stop at this one place before we went back to our hotel. I didn’t want to go and pouted all the way there. I remember us stopping at this nasty big field that smelt like feces and rotting human flesh. It was basically a big, poopy, muddy, water whole. We sat their in the jeep with the interpreter staring at the field for what seemed like hours. Then my dad got out of the jeep and walked over to the edge of the muddy nasty field. He just stood there. After a while I got tired of sitting in the jeep, and got out to go stand by dad. I asked him if we could go but he said not yet. He went back to the jeep and got a bag wit his friend Kiowa’s moccasins in it. What happened next it couldn’t even believe, he took of his clothes and waded into the muddy, poopy, water with Kiowa’s moccasins. When he was in the middle, he sat down in the water! I remember him talking to himself out there. He shoved his friends shoes in the sludge, and then waded out. I’ll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, I'm sorry that I can't tell you everything. Some things are just not meant to be spoken. The things you see in war are not meant for beautiful daughters like you. All you need to know is that I love you and I would tell you about the terrible things at war, but you are to innocent. I would never want that for you.

    ReplyDelete